Aging Advisory Council (AAC)
Learn about the Aging Advisory Council, including its purpose, membership, and upcoming meetings.
The Aging Advisory Council of the Capital Area Council of Governments was created as a voluntary, unincorporated association by a CAPCOG resolution to assist the Area Agency on Aging in managing the provision of social services under the Older American's Act of 1965, as amended. Its core charge:
- Review and comment for the CAPCOG Executive Committee on applications requesting state or federal funds to serve the elderly in the region.
- Advise CAPCOG’s member cities, counties, and special districts, directly or through the CAPCOG Executive Committee, on matters within their jurisdiction to increase awareness of aging issues and how best to address them.
- Assist the aging program staff in encouraging aging oriented agencies to coordinate aging activities, to initiate programs serving the needs of the elderly, and to pool resources directed toward those programs.
- Act as an advocate, particularly in members' respective appointed county, in recognizing the needs and promoting the interest and rights of the elderly.
- Promote public awareness of aging issues as well as program plans and objectives through frequent publicity, presentations to civic organizations and other interested groups, and public hearings using information gathered from participation on the council.
- Be sensitive to the needs of the elderly and suggest priorities to be followed in meeting those needs, especially for the county the Council member represents.
- Meet, when possible, for educational purposes with groups, agencies and individuals involved in providing services for the elderly.
- Assist the aging program staff in evaluating programs funded under the Older American’s Act of 1965, as amended.
- Provide input to the aging program staff regarding needs and long term local strategies that could be used in the development of the area plan.
|Kaye Sheffield-Daniels||City of Austin|
|Cecilia Crossley||City of Austin|
|Walter Timberlake||City of Austin|
|Tresha Silva||Bastrop County|
|Diane Dorner-Burke||Blanco County|
|Chris Behrmann||Burnet County|
|Evelyn Hanson||Caldwell County|
|Margie McKee||Fayette County|
|Dixie Myers||Hays County|
|Ann Berghammer-Miller||Hays County|
|Carolyn Jackson||Lee County|
|Phill Parmer||Llano County|
|Joyce Lauck||Travis County|
|Fred Lugo||Travis County|
|Joe Morganti||Travis County|
|Paula Johnson||TSHL (Texas Silver haired Legislature)|
|Marge Tripp||Williamson County|
|Brad Pickett||CAPCOG Executive Committee Liaison|
10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 4, 2013
CAPCOG Pecan Room
6800 Burleson Road, Building 310, Suite 165
Austin, TX 78744
Past minutes and agendas
For other agendas, minutes and supporting materials from prior AAC meetings, contact Michelle Davis. > Go