Geographic Information Systems Planning Council (GISPC)
The regional Geographic Information Systems Planning Council (GISPC) was formed by the Capital Area Council of Governments (CAPCOG) for coordinating and effecting the mutual development, implementation, sharing and maintenance of geospatial data and GIS applications among federal, state and regional/local governments, institutions and organizations of the ten (10) county Capital State Planning Region. Staff support for the GISPC is represented by the CAPCOG GIS Section. The CAPCOG GISPC is formed to meet local/regional needs and in response to recommendations of the Texas GISPC, Statewide Geographic Information Systems Plan. The Plan calls for the formation of Regional Geographic Coordinating Councils in partnership with Councils of Governments in Texas. CAPCOG recognizes the need for establishing consistent GIS infrastructure and data exchange standards to assure maximum benefits of joint data development and information sharing, and will pursue the implementation of National Spatial Data Infrastructure (NSDI), Federal Geographic Data Committee (FGDC) and Texas GISPC adopted goals and standards in the region. To view the GISPC bylaws, please click here.
The GISPC provides advisory support and guidance to CAPCOG administration, its Executive Committee, GIS staff, Task Force and Committees in planning for programs or projects with GIS related applications. Emphasis is placed on effecting the coordination, development, and implementation of cooperative programs, projects and agreements to establish GIS: communications and data exchange standards; on-line data services; geospatial data sharing initiatives; and, Global Positioning Systems (GPS).
Members of the GISPC assist in the education and promotion of GIS and serve as communication links to local GIS service providers and users from their respective county and/or regional service area. In support of CAPCOG's ongoing effort to enhance 9-1-1 Emergency Communications, members will work with County 9-1-1 GIS Coordinators, Database Managers and members of the CAPCOG 9-1-1 Task Force to accomplish the requirements of CAPCOG/county contracts for implementation and coordination of GIS activities.
The GISPC holds quarterly meetings for conducting council business. They make biannual progress reports to the CAPCOG Executive Committee and perform other tasks as directed by the CAPCOG Executive Committee.
The GISPC works to establish and maintain collaborative and cost-sharing partnerships among state/federal governmental agencies, cooperating local governments and institutions and organizations in the ten county CAPCOG region that are currently using or have a need for accurate up-to-date geospatial data in the CAPCOG region. The State of Texas has a similar organization to the GISPC called the Texas Geographic Information Council (TGIC) which performs a similar function as the GISPC but is composed of State entities that work in support of State level activities. For more information on TGIC click here.
GISPC 2009 By-Laws
List of Members
|Julie Sommerfeld, Vice Chair||Bastrop County|
|Kathy Strickland||Blanco County|
|Jenny Barr||Burnet County|
|Jaclyn Archer||Caldwell County|
|Dawn Moore||Fayette County|
|Steve Floyd||Hays County|
|Kenny Skrobanek||Hays County|
|DeLynn Peschke||Lee County|
|Clarence McDaniel||Llano County|
|David Shore||Travis County|
|Charles Knuth||Travis County|
|Stephanie Jensen||City of Austin|
|Ross Clark||City of Austin|
|Chris Collier||City of Round Rock|
|Sasha Lockamy||Williamson County|
|Richard Semple||Williamson County|
|The Honorable Samantha LeMense||Council Member, City of Kyle -
CAPCOG Executive Committee Liaison
Previous GISPC Quarterly Meeting Minutes:
- Audio Record from the January 29, 2010 GISPC Meeting
- Audio Record from the October 31, 2009 GISPC Meeting NOT AVAILABLE
- Audio Record from the August 7, 2009 GISPC Meeting
- Audio Record from the April 24, 2009 GISPC Meeting
- Audio Record from the January 30, 2009 GISPC Meeting
- Minutes from the October 31, 2008 GISPC Meeting
- Audio Record from the July 25, 2008 GISPC Meeting
- Audio Record from the April 25, 2008 GISPC Meeting
- Audio Record from the February 29, 2008 GISPC Meeting
- Audio Record from the April 12, 2007 GISPC Meeting NOT AVAILABLE
- Audio Record from the January 11, 2007 GISPC Meeting
- Audio Record from the July 28, 2006 GISPC Meeting
- Audio Record from the May 2, 2006 GISPC Meeting
- Minutes from the January 31, 2006 GISPC Meeting
- Minutes from the October 20, 2005 GISPC Meeting
- Minutes from the July 14, 2005 GISPC Meeting
- Minutes from the April 18, 2005 GISPC Meeting
- Minutes from the January 20, 2005 GISPC Meeting
- Minutes from the November 18, 2004 GISPC Meeting
- Minutes from the April 15, 2004 GISPC Meeting
- Minutes from the January 29, 2004 GISPC Meeting
- Julie Sommerfeld
9-1-1 Addressing Coordinator, Bastrop County
806 Water St.
Bastrop, TX 78602
- Eddie O'Connor - CAPCOG Staff Liaison
GIS Analyst II
6800 Burleson Road, Building 310, Suite 165
Austin, TX 78744
GISPC Sponsored GIS Training Classes:
None Scheduled at Present.