Law Enforcement Education Committee (LEEC)
The Law Enforcement Education Committee (LEEC) was created as a voluntary, unincorporated association by Resolution of the Capital Area Council of Governments (CAPCOG), formerly known as the Capital Area Planning Council (CAPCO), adopted October 25, 1977.
1. To advise the Capital Area Council of Governments Regional Training Academy about needs for specific types of training and training courses to fill those needs, minimum and maximum training course enrollment.
2. To establish standards and methods to evaluate the effectiveness of training, equipment, and facilities at the Regional Training Academy.
3. To establish standards of admission for the Regional Training Academy that, among other things, gives preference to individuals who currently serve as peace officers or as reserve law enforcement officers.
4. To report back to the CAPCOG Executive Committee member of which county the representative is from, on happenings in the Law Enforcement Education Committee and to report to interested officials and citizens of which county the representative is from on happenings in the Law Enforcement Education Committee.
5. To perform other tasks as directed by the CAPCOG Executive Committee.
|Chief Chris Bratton, Chairman||City of Elgin Police Department|
|Lieutenant Chris Knudsen, Vice Chairman||City of Lockhart Police Department|
|Mr. Bill May||Community Representative, Travis County|
|Mr. Frank Estrada||Bastrop and Caldwell counties Representative|
|The Honorable Terry Carter||Blanco County Justice of the Peace|
|Assistant Chief of Police Glenn French||City of Horseshoe Bay Police Department|
|Chief Mark Whitacre||City of Marble Falls Police Department|
|Sergeant Steve Pohorelsky||City of La Grange Police Department|
|Assistant Police Chief Warren Zerr||City of San Marcos Police Department|
|Mr. Rusty Pancoast||Law Enforcement Representative, Travis County|
|Constable Vernon Surman||Lee County, Precinct 2|
|Rudy Supak||Law Enforcement Representative, Bastrop County|
|Chief Charles Hooker||City of Pflugerville Police Department|
|Mr. Scott Woodward||Williamson County Representative|
|Commander Willie Richards||Law Enforcement Representative, Williamson County|
|Captain David Bertling||Williamson County Sheriff's Office|
|Mr. L.E. "Buster" Dussetschleger||Community Representative, Fayette and Lee counties|
|The Honorable Bert Cobb||Hays County Judge - Executive Committee Liaison|
LEEC Bylaws and Minutes