OOG announces COVID-19 Emergency Supplemental Funding
The Office of the Governor, Public Safety Office, Criminal Justice Division, announced the Coronavirus Emergency Supplemental Funding Program allocating about $2.8 million for the CAPCOG region to prevent, prepare for and respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. Application are due June 15, 2020.
Eligible applicants are local governments that operate a law enforcement agency. The funding program will allow for projects and purchases that include, but are not limited to, overtime, equipment, supplies, training, travel expenses, and addressing the medical needs of inmates in local and tribal jails and detention centers. Some examples of allowable costs are as follows:
- Personnel Overtime (Peace Officer, Jailer, Correctional Officer, Medical, and other Essential Staff)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Supplies (i.e. gloves, masks, sanitizer, disinfectant)
- Temporary Staff
- Medical care for inmates that have tested positive for COVID-19
- Any other costs associated with the implementation of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 Guidance documents.
For assistance or questions about this funding opportunity, jurisdictions in the CAPCOG region can contact Martin Ritchey, CAPCOG Homeland Security Director, or Betty Voights, CAPCOG Executive Director.
Get more details about the funding program and learn how to apply at egrants.gov.