AAACAP, ADRC launch e-newsletter
The Capital Area Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) and the Area Agency on Aging of the Capital Area (AAACAP) have launched their very first e-newsletter to bring valuable information to the communities they serve throughout the Capital Area Council of Governments’ (CAPCOG) 10-county region. The newsletter closes out the agencies National Older American Month’s celebrations, but just as they continue to honor and provide services for older adults throughout the year so will this semimonthly e-publication.
Thanks for being among the first subscribers, and please forward it to your friends and family who may find it beneficial. Now, here are the five Ws of the newsletter.
Why: The ADRC and AAACAP wants to promote valuable information that supports the independence and empowerment for older adults, persons with disabilities, and caregivers. This newsletter is one of many ways to continue to reach out to their residents who want or need assistance. It gives greater, more easily accessible, and easier to news you can use.
Who: You – AAACAP and the ADRCA wants to provide information for older adults, persons with disabilities, caregivers and helping professionals, and all interested!
What: A semimonthly e-newsletter and event update list from AAACAP and the ADRC. The newsletter won’t only contain information from the two organizations but also partner organizations who are assisting older adults, persons with disabilities and caregivers.
When: The first and third Tuesdays of each month.
Where: News, events, and resources from around the CAPCOG 10-county region — Bastrop, Blanco, Burnet, Caldwell, Fayette, Hays, Lee, Llano, Travis, and Williamson
How to sign up: Click this link, fill out the information, and check the News for Older Adults, People with Disabilities & Caregivers box.
Sign up for the newsletter.
What features will you see?
Beginning of each month edition will inlcude:
- Creating a Connection — highlighting the creative talents of the community!
- Director’s Corner — Message from AAACAP
- Service Spotlight — A overview highlight of a service or support program being offered in the region.
- Upcoming events — A list of events you can attend.
- News You Can Use — General news items relate to older adults, persons with disabilities, caregivers and helping professionals
- From our partners — Information about programs which serve our communities
Mid-month edition will feature:
- Eliminate Ageism — practical points for reducing ageism!
- Nothing About Us without Us – practical points on reducing disability discrimination
- Upcoming AAACAP/ADRC events
- From our partners